Monday, January 25, 2010

Hey, 2010. You're pretty cool.

2010. So far, you have been pretty radtastic.

Ringing you in consisted of me being duct-taped to a full bottle of champagne and finishing it in just over 13 minutes. *(Sadly, I missed the cut off time of 10min.&20sec.) Then following this with painfully ripping the duct-tape from my skin. And changing into a bathing suit to jump into Flathead lake not only once. But twice.

And to date, it almost seems as though the karma gods are rewarding my horrible&wonderful torture of being incredibly hungover and bruised and cut from the ice.

The bounty of their gifts you ask?

-I am now taking Kickboxing classes.
-I have seen Jon&Roy live.
-I am going to Victoria for the not-so-big 2.0.
-I have seen a friend whom previously, I hadn't seen for almost a year and a half.
-I have been inspired to start my own "Buried Life List". For those of you who don't know about what that might be, click... HERE.

OH! And before I forget, I have been introduced (through various means) to some INCREDIBLE music! My ears have never been so happy!

+The Arkells. I know I blogged about them before. But they are just so fun to listen to.
+Do Make Say Think. Such awesome ambient, instrumental music.
+Dragonette. Her new CD "Fixin' To Thrill" is so much fun. Perfection for driving, or getting ready with the ladies.
+The Dudes. Just love these guys. Lyrically sound. Melodies that just make you grove wherever you stand. And, they're from my hometown.
+Florence + The Machine. The song "My Boy Builds Coffins" is fucking amazing. If you dig Laura Marling, you are guaranteed to love her.
+Hannah Georgas. Read two blogs down for the reasoning. Not that she needs any.
+The Kites. Their EP "The Kites Are On" is so splendid. It's raw like it was recorded in your garage studio. And I mean that in the best way possible. Download their EP for FREEEEE Here.
+Lykki Li. Her entire "Youth Novels" CD is a mix of catchy dance tunes, to spoken word love. "Love is the Harmony, Desire is the Key, Love is the Melody, Now sing it with me."
+Jon and Roy. Jon's voice is like butter. Sitting in Communitea Cafe in Canmore, AB. I was so mesmerized by him. At one point I just closed my eyes and smiled.
+Mother Mother. The harmony of siblings Ryan Guldemond and Molly Guldemond with their keyboard player Jasmin Parkin is haunting. I guarantee you have never heart anything like them before.
+Selah Sue. This little self proclaimed "Reggamuffin" is a LOT of power in a small frame. When she really pushes it her voice mirrors Janis Joplin's. Plus, she can beatbox and rap. She's gonna be HUGE.
+Wild Light. If you're having a really shitty day throw on "California On My Mind". And replace "San Francisco & California" with wherever you reside.

Well, that's all for now I believe.

Peas & Luhv.
Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment