Sunday, January 24, 2010

2009 Favs

2009 was a wicked year, filled with lots of firsts, lots of laughs and lots of killer music!

That brings me to my Top 20 Songs of 2009!

1} Ghosts - Laura Marling. This was a tough one because her entire CD "Alas I Cannot Swim" is so fecking amazing. It rocked my world.

2} Shelter - Ray Lamontagne. This track is currently sitting comfortably at 124 my iTunes play count. I plan to sing this song at my best friends wedding.

3} Bounce (ft. N.O.R.E) - MSTRKRFT. Dirty Bass. And lyrics that you can't help but belt out. "All I do is Part, Ha ha ha ha."

4} 1901 - Phoenix. Bust your speakers with this track. Great tune to wake up too as well!

5} Panama - The Cat Empire. Awesome, Amazing tune. If you need a little lift and some positive vibes. Crank this baby up real loud.

6} Sideways - Citizen Cope. Clarence Greenwood voice just makes me melt. Good baby making music too.

7} Violet Hill - Coldplay. Pretty much any song of this record is a shoe in for this list. But in the interest of diversity I will stick with just this.

8} Good Girls Go Bad - Cobra Starship. My vice. Guilty as charged. "I know you're type. Boy you're dangerous. Yeah you're the guy I'd be stupid to trust."

9} Funny The Way It Is - Dave Matthews Band. 12 hour drive to Washington's Gorge Ampitheatre. 1 birthday girl. 4 friends. 2 bottles of wine + beers. DMB @ The Gorge. Sleeping in the parking lot of a Shell Gas Station right off of the main highway. One of the best 24 hours of my life.

10} Grapevine Fires - Death Cab for Cutie. My favorite roadtrip music. Perfection for my 6 hour drive to Paradise in the Okanagan.

11} Reverie - Debussy. Got into a huge Classical kick this past year. Chopin, Debussy, Mozart. The usual suspects.

12} Mykonos - Fleet Foxes. Found out it's really good dinner party music.

13} Piano Man - Ghostland Observatory. You have to dance super weird to this song. It's just the rule.

14} Hands In The Air - Girl Talk. Whoop There it is!!! Craaaaank that shit YO.

15} No You Don't - Islands. Some good life advice in this tune.

16} Hit The Ground Runnin' - Keith Urban. Windows rolled down, music turned up. He is incredible in concert.

17} Day n' Night - Kid Cudi (Crookers remix). THE song for summer 2009. That dance alarm is just infectious.

18) Do You Wanna - The Kooks. Simple question. Simple answer?

19} Behind The Moon - Matt Costa. "I would shine just like a thousand suns if you would just love me baby"

20} Brand New Spaces - Michael Bernard Fitzgerald. The ukulele is so perfect for this song. "Dream about Brand New Spaces and Brand New Faces." Story of ma life.

PHEW! Well, that wasn't easy, I hope you enjoy the tracks and there will tons more for next year! I'll be posting a list of new chuunes that I am currently really digging.

Peas & Luhv
Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment