Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dear ______,




An empty white page is daunting to say the least. Maybe you're writing a research paper, maybe you're writing a song or maybe, just maybe, you are writing a letter to a friend. But, I have found the black keys of my laptop are getting much more of a workout than my cursive writing.

I don't know about you, but I never had a pen pal when I was a kid. But, what I did do was write notes in school. Lots and lots of notes between best friends. Pink and green pen covered teared off sheets of coil notebooks. Dear Stephanie, Dear Sophie, Dear Maryse, Dear Rachelle are generally how they started.

Do you remember the excitement you would get when your parents brought home the mail and there was a thin little envelope addressed to you? You would find it tucked between the Sears flyers and the various bills? The feeling was like christmas morning.

So, I have taken it upon myself to bring back that feeling. My hopes are that by giving my friends that little excitement of getting a hand written letter in the mail will push them to start writing their own letters.


Maybe they have a shoebox full of memories, and perhaps my letter will fill it up just a little bit more.

So my friends, get out some lined paper, your favorite pen and start writing. You don't have to profess your deepest secrets, you can just say "Hey, I was just thinking about you." or, "Hey, remember that time we sang karaoke at 2 in the morning? That was amazing." Then, grab yourself an envelope and lick that disgusting postage stamp and send some love.



Peas, Luhv & Handwritten goodness,

Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment