Sunday, April 3, 2011

typelove

it's been a while since I played in this sandbox. it seems as though when my writing is my homework, it drains all creativity and drive from me to explore other forms of expression.

however, I recieved a Moleskin notebook for my 21st birthday from a dear friend and since have been moved to scrawl words on the pages.

this entry was from March 14, 2011.

Typeography is the most incredible art form. each type with a personality and voice of it's own. as simple as a persons' handwriting. something that evolves over a lifetime, but is as distinctive as a fingerprint. maybe her hand instinctively links together her 'h' and 'e', like the two have been married, never to be seperated. or he might vary his 'a' depending on the word he uses.

a lifetime is wrapped up in the etchings we put on paper.

does your handwriting say you rush when you write? or does it illustrate your patience? do your hands concern themselves with the space of the page? maybe your handwriting enjoys spreading itself across the page, completely relaxed.

so much pleasure can be found from the fluid movements which direct a pen put to paper. I suggest you give your fingers a break from the incessant clacking of computer keys, and grip a pen.

{yes, I realize the irony and hypocracy in this statement, but it was initially written in a notebook}

peace, love & handwriting.

Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment