Tuesday, March 15, 2011

wait, mr. postman

today I received a long awaited 'letter' from my best friend in Montreal. it was a belated birthday gift, and it was more than anything I could have asked for. it was a mini scrapbook of sorts, with mementos from her life in the french speaking city. every other page had either poetry, photographs or handwritten love filling it's pages.

i am a sucker for nostalgia. whatever form it takes, whether it's a smell, a feel, a voice, a laugh, a photograph or a place. her beautiful gift to me was one of memories.

because she isn't in my vicinity, city or even my province. i'll take these memories and think of them until she returns to make new ones.

peas & luhv,

Brie

2 comments:

  1. Love receiving letters, so nice to be able to go back and read them over and over.

    ReplyDelete