Monday, May 3, 2010

How Do You Say Stripper in French?



Montreal - the land of horrible drivers, incredible shopping and the best poutine to ever touch your lips.

Montreal for me also meant a reunion with my dear friend Molly. So, I ditched the boys to hang out with a girl for the first time in about a week. Naturally we sat down to devour some decent poutine. After walking down St. Laurent, Moll directed my navy blue keds into the most amazing consignment/vintage store on St. Catherine’s Street, which was packed to the roof with amazing clothing. The owner offered us a free espresso and gave me an opportunity to use my very rusty French. I came away with two beautiful scarves and a huge smile on my face.

The boys were booked to play a show at the Just For Laughs Museum and it went fantastic. It was the first time I had ever seen a conga line done to Movie Life… that I wont soon forget. The boys closed out the night with Marry Me Mary and a compilation of everyone’s favorite top 40 hits.

Travel Alberta was amazing and put us up in a five star hotel in downtown Montreal, “Hotel Le Crystal”. (Google it. Seriously.) Although it took us 20 minutes to drive maybe 5 blocks, (thanks to the habs game that just ended as we left) the boys had just played a great show, we sold a fair amount of merch, and again, there was an open bar. What do we do to celebrate? … Strippers? Of course.

The next morning meant I was extremely sad to say “Au Revoir” to Molly and Montreal, but we were off to Ottawa.


Peas & Luhv,

Brie

2 comments:

  1. I stayed there once. And I'm a Montrealer. The bed was sooooo comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was blown away by the bathroom!

    I could have spent hours in that shower.

    ReplyDelete