Thursday, April 22, 2010

West is Best


So, what did you do last week? Oh really? That’s sweet. My week involved one van, 7 guys, and me. Any girl’s dream right?

Road trips have always been a favorite of mine. That would be because one of my most cherished places to think is in the car. Preferably with the windows rolled down and the music turned up. I am that girl with my hand out the window letting my hand float up and drop down according to the wind. Michael and Robbie call it “hippie hand dancing”… Whatever.

Driving from Calgary to Penticton is one of my favorite 9-hour trips. It’s fantastic because depending on the time of year you venture from majorly crappy to absolutely fantastic in what almost seems like a snap of your fingers. You enter a land where trees are green, water isn’t a skating rink and fruit stands aren’t boarded up.
Highlights you ask? Well…

-Penticton offered us some awesome weather and the chance for me to buy yet another pair of Cochymela’s Rancho Relaxo pants. (They are made with bamboo which means they are the softest thing your hand and bum will ever touch.) The Pen also brought to us a homemade dinner and getting to listen to Jean-Paul De Roover.



-Then, we had the idea of driving to Vancouver directly after the show. At midnight. Michael was driving, I was sitting shotgun. For the sake of keeping Michael awake we started to sing cannons. Isn’t that what everyone does? Hits included: Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Celine Dion and Disney classics.

-Vancouver and a hotel allow us to shower and change and head to UBC for their AMS Block Party. Featuring Michael Bernard Fitzgerald, Hey Ocean!, The Barenaked Ladies and 3000+ drunk university students. All the ingredients for a rain-dancing, beer-drinking, great time. Hey Ocean! Is great. Ashleigh Ball is a total babe, I have a major girl crush. Hey Ocean!’s new CD is going to be stellar. Mark my words.



-Kelowna has a hotel with great beds, a super rad radio station called Q103.1, Free beers and burgers and lovely 20 degree weather. We got a little silly, played Frisbee, went to the beach and rode the Ogopogo. Phil has the best iPod ever and is a fantastic DJ.



That is all. We are now driving east. Sup Saskatchewan? I haven’t seen you in a long time. It’s kinda the way I like it, but you will offer rest stops and bathrooms so we can be amicable.

Peas & Luhv,

Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment