Friday, February 5, 2010

Sister.Act.2


I haven't willingly set foot into a church for almost 3 years. But give me an MBF concert and me and my new purple Keds were there.
The wooden vaulted ceilings of Knox United Church gave Michael's songs a new life and sound I have never heard before. With around 70 youthful, harmonized voices backing him up, the entire church was vibrating with such positive energy.

An incredibly cool add-on to the show was this incredible artist {whose name is completely escaping me at the moment. If someone reads this and knows who it is PLEASE let me know so I can give her props!} who was painting massive white canvases while Michael played. They were stunningly beautiful. To top it off, they were being sold after the show with half of the proceeds going to charity. Preettyy Freeeaakin Cooool.

I am convinced that Michael's idea of having a hundred-person choir perform with him was so he could simply re-enact a scene from his favorite movie Sister Act 2. :)

But for serial, for the 4 times that I have seen Michael live, I was completely blown away and speechless by the end of the night. With powerful&soulful renditions of Maxine, Black & White Phonetics and the most joyous version of Brand New Spaces I have ever heard; I think it's safe to say that everyone left that church happier than they arrived.

For anyone in Kelowna tonight, check him out at The Habitat. You won't regret it. And if you DO. Feel free to let Michael know. :)

Peas & Luhv.
Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment