Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Phuck Fog.















Tonight, I was so excited to go see Aidan Knight and Dan Mangan play at Communitea Cafe. I bought my tickets three days after I heard he was playing the cafe. And I'm sure anyone who follows me on Twitter was probably saying "O.K. We get it, your going to see Dan Mangan. Now Shut it!"
Once we head out on the No. 1 Highway to Canmore. There is a thin layer of fog - but I think, it will probably lift by the time we get down the highway.

I was wrong. So very wrong.

We were so beyond "fog lamp" territory. To the point where none of us could see what was directly in front of the car.

I know that we made the right choice to turn around and come back home. As lovely and talented and splendid as Dan is, he isn't worth 3 girls lives. But part of me thinks we probably could
have made it, and the fog would have lifted by the time the show was done. But that probably wouldn't have happened.

To add insult to injury, his show in Calgary (which I decided to for-go buying tickets for because I wanted to see him the small cafe atmosphere) is completely sold out!

Mother Nature and I are fighting

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brie! Apparently there are tickets left for Calgary! Let me know if that's not the case and I'll try and leave one at the door. Fog or no fog, you are going to see Mangan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola!

    Thank you so much for getting in touch with me Aidan! It looks like there are tickets available at the door. So I will be there for sure, thank you so much again!

    Much love,
    Brie

    ReplyDelete